Here’s our detailed travel journey with family! Our chosen destination, United Arab Emirates, Dubai.
Me and my husband are working here in U.A.E for more than 5 years now. As a parent, one of our greatest dreams is to bring my only Daughter and my Mother here in Dubai to experience and enjoy life here as a Tourist. It takes a lot of preparation and effort for this much awaited and once in a lifetime vacation.
It all, started as planned, we flew back to Philippines for a vacation which started October 31 till December 24, 2018,. Our scheduled flight returning back to Dubai was December 25, 10 am local time. On this moment, all of us feel the excitement that finally our family will be complete for the holidays! This is best Christmas gift that my family will ever have! Thank you, Lord, for your guidance in order to fulfill the dream we are praying for.
Fairmont Hotel Dubai – Upon arrival from the airport
Upon arrival, we directly went to the hotel in which my brothers and sisters are waiting eagerly and prepared some foods to celebrate Christmas Day!
After, Christmas Celebration we proceed to the following Tourist Attraction in Dubai along with our family!
1st Destination – Miracle Garden
- You will be amazed by its garden full bloom with its 150 million flowers approximately arranged in colorful arches and patterns, and the myriad shapes they form are truly superb. Dubai Miracle Garden’s awesome landscaping has earned two Guinness World Records for the largest vertical garden in 2013 and the world’s largest floral sculptures forming the shape! That truly amazed by kids and adults as well.
2nd Destination-Global Village
- The most budget-friendly entrance fee we visited it’s all worth it! Really enjoyable for the entire family! – For only Dh15 or around Php 200, you have a chance to experience one of Dubai’s most visited family-friendly attractions. These units composed of events and concerts, carnivals, food, shopping, and more. The food aisle will have food from all over the world. Concerts, carnivals and shopping are the represented by each country.
3rd Destination – Dubai Mall
- The Dubai Mall structures the world-class Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo containing thousands of aquatic animals and a 270-degree walk-through tunnel; and first-of-its-kind attraction from the Middle East, an exclusive virtual reality attraction. We really enjoy strolling around the mall. It’s the biggest Mall in Dubai, believe me, one day is not enough to go through the mall!
The Burj Khalifa is the tallest building in the world with an architectural height of 2716.5-feet (828.0-meters)!
4th Destination – Dubai Parks & Resorts
- The entrance fee for tourist spot a little bit expensive compare to the previous tourist attraction, but it’s all worth it! And you got surprised for the amusement they offer for their customer! Dubai Parks consist of Legoland, Motion Gate, Bollywood & River Island but we only visited Legoland & Motion-gate coz the time is not enough, . Let’s check out the photos!
a) Legoland Dubai
Intense and it’s so nice that the kids we’re finally at an age where they appreciate things like this. There are over 40 LEGO-themed rides and attractions and it’s aimed at kids ages 2-12 they really loved it. There are lots of exciting soft play areas, a medieval land, and kids loved watching the big brother driving cars and boats and riding trains. If you see the kids really enjoyed the place, you will feel the same!
b) Motiongate Dubai
The largest Hollywood-inspired theme park in the region the Motiongate. Dubai brings three legendary film studios to life: Columbia Pictures, DreamWorks Animation, and Lionsgate. Be mesmerized as big-screen and animated classics from Smurfs to Shrek, How to Train a Dragon to The Hunger Games, are reimagined as roller coasters, immersive attractions, thrilling rides and more.
5th Destination – Grand Mosque – Abu Dhabi
- The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque remarkable as one of the world’s biggest mosques, and the only one that captures exclusive interactions of Islam and their cultures. The open-door policy (no entrance fee!) invites tourists from all around the world who can witness the spectacular onion-top domes, the iconic prayer hall. Finally! My family will experience wearing traditional long black robes called- abayah and a headdress called the hijab. It’s mandatory to wear their traditional clothes while exploring the Islam prayer hall, this is a sign of respect for their religion and beliefs.
6th Destination – Filipino Food Restaurant in Dubai & Abu Dhabi
- They will not miss to try the Filipino Dishes with the whole family– Hot Palayok Restaurant, Chefbogs , Resto Pinoy , Jollibee (kids really love it!) and even Max Restaurant!
- They are amazed by the food they served! The foods are mouthwatering, and you can’t even try the buffet food they offer! The cost is not too expensive as they’re expected! They really like the way they prepared, cooked & served the food! According to them the restaurants are almost the same ambience in Restaurant in Philippines!
See our faces, We are all happy at that moment!
Finally – New Year’s Day Celebration!
This is the day all are waiting for. All family all together welcoming the New Year! Lots of light and fireworks!!!
LAST DAY IN UAE – LEAVING DAY
The sad moment, after New Year’s day they are returning back to Philippines will gonna miss them so much!
It’s really heart breaking, that we need to pack their belongings and ready to leave Dubai. Our family really loves traveling but my mother also love being at home and she feels ready to leave. But oh no, not at this moment because we hope that we still have more time to explore Dubai with my daughter and my mother. We possibly have happily stayed them for another week but we’re all sincerely they’re prepared to be going home. No photos taken by this time….feeling very sad again….
- This our short family vacation in Dubai U.A.E! till my next post…….
– Rowena Marquez