During the lock down, most of us are at home doing something we love to do like watching movies, reading our favorite books, and cooking our best-loved dishes. And cooking time is bonding time, and most of us enjoy doing this with our families. It may be an everyday meal, but also doing it for different various occasions like birthdays, anniversary, or any simple gatherings for the family.
We all love convenience food, and cooking at home is one of the simplest ways to improve one’s health by preparing more home-cooked meals. And It is more economical than eating out. When cooking, you need a different kind of cookware for each of the recipes you’re going to prepare. Knowing what is the essential cookware for your kitchen makes your cooking time easier and convenient.
There’ a lot of types of cookware in the market, and whatever cooking technique or occasions it may be, there’s appropriate cookware for every food recipe you’ll be cooking. From a traditional breakfast, mouth-watering lunch, or a sumptuous dinner.
Here’s the list of essential cookware you need at your kitchen.
- Frying pan, is a flat-bottomed pan used for frying, searing, and browning foods. It is typically 20 to 30 cm (8 to 12 in) in diameter with relatively low sides that flare outwards, a long handle, and no lid.
2. Saucepan is a deep stovetop pan with a long handle and, usually, a lid. You might use a saucepan to cook food with sauce that is good for 2 to 3 people.
3. Wok pan is a round-bottomed cooking pot, originating in China. It is best used for stir frying, steaming, pan frying, searing and roasting nuts. It can be considered as the all around cooking pan in the kitchen.
4. Casserole is a large, deep pan used both in the oven and as a serving vessel. This type of cookware can be used for recipes good for 4 to 10 people.
5. Stock pot is traditionally used to make stock or broth, which can be the basis for cooking more complex recipes. It is a wide pot with a flat bottom, straight sides, a wide opening to the full diameter of the pot, two handles on the sides, and a lid with a handle on top.
6. Grill pan is a pan that has raised edges with grill lines dispersed around 1 to 2 centimeters separated. The grill lines are built usually 0.5 centimeters high which take into consideration the juices from the sustenance you’re cooking to trickle down. It’s very handy to have a stove top grill pan especially if you can’t cook your favorite grilled recipes using charcoal.
The type of cookware also has various materials; non-stick, stainless steel, cast iron, and carbon steel. Non-stick cookware is aluminum made, it uses a little bit of oil, to cook food, and easy to clean. Stainless steel has very durable material, maintenance-friendly, dishwasher safe. The cast iron is an enameled material, ideal for the finest slow cooking and oven dishes. Carbon steel guarantees quick heat conduction, and is ultra scratch-resistant even when using hard metal utensils.
Knowing the right cookware for your favorite dish makes cooking time, more efficient, and time-saving. When buying new pots and pan make sure you have this essential cookware available at your kitchen!