The country mourned and honored three doctors who died to the novel coronavirus while being in the frontlines fulfilling their duties as doctor in the battle against the pandemic. It is a sad moment for as all as we have lost doctors and medical practitioners in the fight against corona virus (COVID-19). They are the casualty of this war.
The Philippines is under a state of calamity, with government tapping into emergency funds to combat the virus and assist frontline workers with medical supplies, equipment and other necessities. Doctors, nurses, hospital staff, and healthcare workers are on the frontline of the global-wide battle against the coronavirus disease (COVID19). Their numbers are dwindling as they themselves are getting infected and quarantined. As of Monday, March 23, 2020, the Philippines has recorded 501 cases of covid-19, with 33 deaths and 19 recoveries.
In the midst of this challenges, they chose not to stay at home to be with their family instead sacrificing their lives performing their duty because they know the people needs them, the world needs them to serve and save us all.
Let’s honor them as they lost their life while fulfilling their duties as a doctor. Rest in peace and salute to these great warriors.
- Dr. Israel Bactol (cardiology in Philippine Heart Center).
- Dr. Rose Pulido (medical oncologist, San Juan De Dios Hospital).
- Dr. Greg Macasaet (anesthesiologist, Manila Doctors Hospital).
Let’s pray for the eternal repose of their souls.
The medical frontliners remain at risk. They are asking as all Filipinos to stay safe at home. Safe from being infected and to follow this simple precautions to prevent the spread of the disease.
- Wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds, with soap and water or alcohol base hand rub.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a disposable tissue or flexed elbow when you cough or sneeze.
- Avoid close contact (1 meter or 3 feet) with people who are unwell.
- Avoid larger crowds. Social distancing is the key.
- Lastly, be honest about your medical and travel history. Lying and not telling the truth won’t help, it only worsen the situation. At this time not only discipline are important but also consideration to others.
Thank you to our FRONTLINERS your dedication to duty is undeniably heroic. We salute you!